About Dr. Brown LMT, D.C. N.K.T.
Read About Dr. Brown
Dr. John Brown is a massage therapist and Doctor of Chiropractic as well as owner of EmBODYed Health and Healing in New York, New York. By integrating massage and chiropractic care with complementary techniques such as the MELT method, NeuroKinetic Therapy, nutrition and other alternative healing methods, he addresses the entire health of each patient.
Helping professional athletes and Broadway stars as well as everyone in between, Dr. Brown addresses physical pain as well as the emotions that we store in our bodies.
After realizing that massage and chiropractic care only covers a small portion of health, Dr. Brown set out on a path of continual learning to improve the way he approaches healing. By combining emotional release techniques with extensive understanding of the physical body, Dr. Brown began to see, hear and feel marked improvement in his patients’ overall well-being.
- 2005-present: Private practitioner of chiropractic, massage therapy, nutritional therapy and deep emotional release, New York.
- 2001-2005: Practiced chiropractic, massage therapy and deep emotional release at Olive Leaf Wholeness Center, a multidisciplinary holistic center in New York.
- 1999-2001: Practiced chiropractic, massage therapy at Yoga Moves, New York, New York
- 1997-1999: Owner and operator of Back to Health Chiropractic, a multidisciplinary clinic supervising three therapists, in Canton, Ohio. Services included chiropractic adjustments, massage, colonic irrigation and nutrition counseling.
Doctorate: National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, Illinois, 1997, Doctorate of Chiropractic
- NeuroKinetic Therapy, Level II Certification, New York, New York, 2014
- TRX Suspension Training, Level II Certification, New York, New York, 2014
- Melt Method ,Certified Instructor, New York, New York, 2013
- Graston Technique Certified Practitioner, Newark, New Jersey, 2003
- Practitioner of Neuromuscular Re-Education, Long Island, New York, 2003
- Deep Emotional Release Technique, James Hyman, Los Angeles, 2002
- Paul St. John Method of Neuromuscular Therapy, Paul St. John LMT, Akron, Ohio, 1988
- Massage Therapy, Ohio College of Massotherapy, Akron, Ohio, 1988
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
- New York State Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Parts 1, 2 and Physiotherapy
- Member of American Chiropractic Association
- Active Release Technique Seminars: treatment of myofascial conditions of the lower extremities.
- Graston Technique: principles and protocols for myofascial conditions.
- Deep Emotional Release: how to release buried emotional patterns.
- Kinesio taping: functional taping for musculoskeletal injuries